Thursday, February 3, 2011

34/365

34/365
Today I went to a new dentist for the first time since I was born. Actually, it'd be the second time as I've been going to the same dentist since I was 5 or so.

Anyway, I switched because my old dentist wasn't on our provider's plan, so off he went.

Since I was a new patient, tons of x-rays were taken by Robin, a lovely blonde dental hygienist that was totally pleasant and friendly.

That is, until it was cleaning time.

Apparently these days, dental hygienists use what she called a "pressure washer" style device to clean your teeth at first.

Pressure washer? More like needles in the gums!

After that, it was the dreaded scraping. You know what I'm talking about. As if the pressure washing wasn't bad enough, the scraping (and the NOISE!) went on and on and was equally as uncomfortable. I think she may have used a rusty nail for this. And, though I didn't see them, I'm pretty sure she had the strongest hands of any woman I know. Wow. Look out for that handshake.

Finally we got to the old-fashioned polishing portion with what tasted like fruit flavored sand. I remember this well from the good ol' days and today, this was the least of all the tortures.

At the end of it all, I got the obligatory free toothbrush (pictured), floss (Glide FTW!) and toothpaste. Yay me.

Oh yeah, I also got 3 damn cavities to get filled.

Sigh.

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP