Monday, July 19, 2010

200/365

200/365

Picture info: ISO 100, 1/30, f/2.50, 50mm, Av

A friend from church had asked me to fill in on bass for a program he was in charge of. It was for a jazz trio and I said yes.

Today I got the info I needed to try to practice. A link to a fake book and a list of tunes. I opened up youtube, looked up some songs and tried playing along.

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. Throw in the fact that I hadn't touched my basses in probably more than a month and, well, I was pretty rusty.

I was all set to practice tonight for the gig tomorrow when I got an email saying it was called off.

Whew.

It might have been cool... then again, it might not have been. We'll never know.

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP