Thursday, July 22, 2010

203/365

203/365

Picture info: ISO 100, 1/50, f/5.0, 34mm, Av

I was gonna post a picture of a Girl Scout project Haley's been working on this week. Something called swaps? All the Girl Scouts should know about them.

But I posted a picture of a dusty elephant instead. It was in the light of the sunset and it was pretty yellowish. I color corrected it the best I could though because the yellow was just too strong for me.

With the job running regular hours now and me having little time to shoot, I've kind of put the project on the back burner. Then tonight, when I had nothing, I shot this elephant and you know what?

It all comes back.

This isn't the best picture I've ever taken, but for a moment today, I was really excited about it. I like the shadow on the shelf. I like fact that I cut off the head on purpose. I like that you can't tell that there's a potted plant behind the elephant. I was just taking a picture of something in some late afternoon sun.

It's these little victories that make taking photos so fun for me.

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP