Friday, April 23, 2010

113/365


Picture info: ISO 400, 1/60, f/4.00, 50mm, flash, Av

I am trying to create a camera bag out of a messenger bag I got for my birthday last year. The bag itself is pretty small and completely flimsy, so I've been using cardboard templates to see about making something a little more robust.

You see my start so far. I was prompted to do this because I picked up a Crumpler bag from REI the other day. A 3 Million Dollar Home, to be exact. The bag is constructed like a tank, but you'd only be able to carry a DSLR and lens (and a smaller one at that).

My point for getting it was to have a bag that could carry my camera, with lens attached, and maybe one other lens. I do have a backpack, but I don't like to carry everything around at all times.

Anyway, this bag is perfect size, but it is so flimsy that a mere bump could cause damage to the gear.

It's not an exciting picture, but I'm excited to be doing another DIY project on the cheap.

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP