Thursday, May 6, 2010

126/365


Picture info: ISO 100, 1/15, f/22, 18mm, Av

I shot this on Utah Street at Discovery Park. Apparently these are abandoned, or unused, military buildings. The road was open to "authorized vehicles only", which meant I had to check it out, of course.

I heard the truck and snapped away. I do not like the foilage above, but unfortunately it's part of the picture, so there you go.

This is the picture I was going to do until I had some unforeseen computer problems earlier. Those are now gone and this will replace the previous #126.


Picture info: ISO 400, 1/4, f/3.50, 18mm, Av

I went to Discovery Park in the Magnolia area of Seattle today. A friend's sister wants me to shoot her engagement photos there so I went ahead to scout things out so I didn't seem unprepared when we actually do it. It was absolutely gorgeous out and I took about 150 shots.

I downloaded them to my desktop and, since that computer was running SUPER SLOW, I thought I'd reboot it to refresh everything.

Instead, I decided to tweak the BIOS to see if I could increase the speed a little. After all I did bump the RAM up from 2gb to 3gb (WOW ) recently, and the thing still runs like a PIG.

Well, the tweak I did (adjusting the video aperture from 64mb to 512mb) apparently hosed the computer. It turns on, but won't post or boot. I can't seem to get back into the BIOS screen to change it back, which means I can't get to any of the 150 pictures I took as they are on that computer and I've already erased the memory card.

So you get this awesome self portrait. I'm sorry. :(

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP