Tuesday, February 9, 2010

40/365

 
Picture info: ISO 100, 1/500, f/3.20, 50mm, Av

I spent some time with Riley at Magnuson Park today off of Sand Point Way and took some super cute pictures of him, but I decided to save those for his blog. So, instead you get this.

It's the 40th day of the year! And for my 40th picture of the year, something completely profound and meaningful!

Actually, no. But it is a huge pet peeve of mine. Here's a tip:

SONS = more than one son. As in, "I have 2 SONS."
SON'S = it belongs to the son. As in, "My SON'S license plate frame is a complete disgrace to me, but since it was a gift, I have to use it."

Here are some more tips:

YOUR = belonging to you. As in, "How was YOUR day?" Or, "Is YOUR cat still sick?"
YOU'RE = a combination of the words YOU and ARE. As in, "YOU'RE (YOU + ARE) the best friend I've ever had." Or, "YOU'RE (YOU + ARE) sure you don't want any?"

ITS = belonging to it. As in, "That car just got ITS windows blown out."
IT'S = a combination of the words IT and IS. As in, "IT'S (IT + IS) freakin' cold out here!"

I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

1 comments:

Nancy K February 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

That annoys me too...ugh! Shall we start with there/their/they're ???

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP