Sunday, March 7, 2010

66/365

 
Picture info: ISO 1600, 1/13, f/5.60, 250mm, Av

Not a terribly exciting picture to you, but an exciting terrible picture to me. Why? Let me tell you.

I have been having camera issues for the better part of 36 hours now and to have this picture that I took tonight, after having said issues, is a pretty big deal. After some troubleshooting and goofing around, somehow a pencil eraser took care of the problems I was having. Or, at least I hope so. I've shot more pictures consecutively tonight than I have all weekend and, so far, so good.

Anyway, what else is cool about this picture is that it was shot with my new lens, hand held, from a distance of about 11 feet. I had to crank the ISO way up, of course, but even at 1/13th of a second, the picture is pretty dang sharp. Thank goodness for the IS (Image Stabilization) on this lens.

My hope is to get some good pictures soon. I've looked back through March's shots so far and I'm not terribly happy with them.

Oh, BTW, I am not a Sci-Fi nerd. I liked the cover of this book and decided to give it a try. Despite it having a unicorn (that talks!), and hints about a human/unicorn union of some sort (huh?), it's been pretty cool so far (about 1/3 done). After this book and it's sequel, it's back on the Lehane wagon with Prayers for Rain.

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP