Monday, March 22, 2010

81/365



Picture info: ISO 400, 1/100, f/4.00, 55mm, M, flash

I'm trying to use my histogram more. I used to think that as long as the readout didn't touch either side of the LCD, the picture was fine. After reading and studying some recently, I think not touching either side of the LCD is very important (for no loss of detail), but I need to get my shots closer to either side.

This shot was in the living room and I am playing with "creative" cropping as there's a distracting red baby seat to the left and a distracting blue pillow to the right. Just know that Bella does have a complete right ear.

I liked this shot because it was clear and bright. Usually I wouldn't have touched the brightness but after checking the histo, I saw I could have bumped it up a little, so I did, and this is the result. I like it!

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP