Saturday, January 2, 2010

2/365


I had a hard time coming up with a picture today. I took about 25 pictures and this was the one that spoke to me, after perusing all of them.

I have a bunch of license plates on a wall in my garage. There are more, but I'd need a wide angle lens to show them all.

The 187-GJH is from a 1995 Acura Integra GS-R (red) my folks got me when I graduated from college. It was red and it was stick and I had a lot of fun with that car.

During that time, I got a vanity plate. When you apply in Wa St., you get three choices. The three I applied for were SPOOKY, TRSTNO1 and LILDRGN.

As it was the late 90s, and I was a huge X-Files fan, I went with X-Files themed ideas for the first 2. LILDRGN was an abbreviation of a nickname a friend of mine gave me. He figured since I was short (compared to him!) and Asian, I must have know martial arts, hence Little Dragon.

Lucky for me, the non-pop culture name was allowed and my car went from being 187-GJH to LILDRGN.

About 6 years later, I traded the Integra in for a 2001 Volkswagen GTI 1.8t (Matchstick red). I kept the LILDRGN plate on that.

As the years passed and my family grew, the GTI was eventually traded in for a Jetta (gotta keep the German in the family), which was then turned into a Honda Pilot (the nice clean plate on the right).

I somehow snookered the wife into letting me get another GTI and after some searching, found a 2002 GTI 1.8t (Reflex silver). I removed the plate (832-RXV) and put LILDRGN in its rightful place.

Picture info: ISO200 1/100 f1.8

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP