Monday, January 4, 2010

4/365


I gotta get out of the house more.

My friend Malcolm posted a great picture on his Facebook page. He tweaked it and it looks awesome. I felt pressure to deliver too, but I was inside all day and didn't want to take my gear in the rain anyway. Plus, with this new Speedlite, I've been messing around with it, trying to figure out how it works, etc, etc.

Needless to say, today's picture is all about lighting and goofing around. I am pleased with the results of the flash and have been scouring this website to learn more and more. I have already gleaned some tips and am looking forward to taking the camera out and about, specifically to clubs to catch some rock shows.

Anyway, my picture is of what will probably be a frequent model for me, my trusted G&L SB-2 bass. I won't rehash my history with this bass, but let's just say that it's one of my favorite things in the world.

The picture above was taken in my basement earlier this afternoon. I had the bass on a stand in front of a door. With the 50mm lens, I was able to shoot at f1.8 and get really thin depth of field, so the door worked as an adequate backdrop.

Picture info: ISO200 1/10 f1/8 with Speedlite

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP