Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26/365


Picture info: ISO 400, 1/50, f/2.2, 50mm

Straight from the camera onto the computer. I am posting from my recently refreshed Thinkpad T43. Good thing I refreshed it because my main rig pooped the bed tonight. I downloaded the latest MS updates (a Windows validation and Office something or other) and did the required reboot. The above is the result.

Thanks Microsoft!

I tried running Safe Mode. No dice. Last Known Configuration? Forget about it. Recovery Console with CHKDSK /R? Nope. Even ran that one twice.

I'm 99.9% sure my pictures and stuff are ok. I'm thinking I just need to do a reload of XP. Not sure if the HD is working right though. No clicking within, but as it gets to where the login screen usually comes up, the drive shuts off/spins down and gives the above message.

Awesome. Troubleshooting tomorrow.

0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP