Friday, January 8, 2010

8/365

I had a man-date today. Malcolm and I headed out in his SUV for South Seattle. I used to be in a band called Ethyl and we rehearsed down there at a place called the Olympic Foundry. Go look at a manhole cover. You'll see that name. I'd drive there 3 days a week back in the late 90s to practice with Rob and Johnny. I always thought it'd be cool to take pictures down in that area.

Anyway, before driving through the Foundry, I saw a little gravel lot on Airport Way South with a couple decaying classic cars (a red Ranchero and black Galaxie 500XL) parked there. It was raining pretty good, but we jumped out of the car and started snapping away.

In the same area were some railroad tracks, and a high retaining wall covered with graffiti. Needless to say, we found a bunch of great things to shoot. We also stepped in dog poo. That wasn't so cool.

As the day went on, we actually parked in Georgetown and walked a few blocks, had some coffee (where I tried to do some stealth shooting of a girl at a table, reading), walked in the rain some more, then headed off.

We hit Glazer's Camera in South Lake Union and looked around (me) and shopped (Malcolm). From there, it was lunch at a fabulous little coffee shop in Belltown (Cherry Street Coffee House; oddly enough, not on Cherry Street). Next up was Gasworks for some industrial shots. That was cool and all, but for my money, my best pictures were the ones in Georgetown and, specifically, of the cars.

I had a hard time picking a shot, but I kept gravitating towards this one. Hope you like it.

Picture info: ISO200 1/125 f/2.5


0 comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP